Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Community
Rectal Pressure

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) issues such as: Aggravating Factors, Alternative Therapies, Anxiety, Constipation, Depression, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs, Hormonal Changes, Living With - Managing IBS, Medications – Drugs, Nutrition, Pain, Prevention, Research, Stress, Support Groups, Symptoms, Treatment

Rectal Pressure

FAIR WARNING, this is about to get intimate. So for the past few years now I have been experiencing weird symptoms regarding my colon. Before it all started I always had normal bowel movements and no recorded problems. HOWEVER, a few summers ago I noticed I was starting to have problems with constipation. I took laxatives and they worked for a while until one day I started to feel extreme bloating and watery diarrhea. I went to the doctor and they said I have IBS, and that fiber would help. So basically- my symptoms today are as follows:
-A feeling of incomplete evacuation, everytime I poop, it always shoots out at super speed, but it always feels incomplete and my rectum gets inflammed. I will stick my finger up my rectum (sorry for the details, haha) and it will feel like there is a blockage or something. Is this normal? I mean, my stools are not thin, they are average looking, but the incomplete feeling and fastness of the process kind of causes me agony. I am only 18 years old (male) and have been experiencing these symptoms for a couple of years now.
I did get a colonoscopy and they said that these symptoms can be attributed to my IBS. Also, another prevalent symptom is frequent urination and feeling of incompleteness with that too.
So currently I am experimenting with some remedies- I am taking White Oak Bark (incase it is all due to internal hemmorrhoids), Aloe Vera juice, magnesium, probiotics, and physillium husk fiber.
These symptoms are just really getting in the way of all that I plan on doing in life, and I know that sounds trivial, but I just need some help and relief and want to move on.
So what are your thoughts? Is it internall hemmorrhoids? Is it like a pelvic floor thing?
One last thing, I have passed mucus, but no blood.
Thank you!
OH! Btw, I also get these weird gurgling/vibration feelings in my rectum too. Then I think I have to fart, but nothing happens. I also find this symptom extremely unsettling.
Gut dysbiosis is probably the underlying cause.
Try the SCD program for a while and see if you make any progress
within a couple weeks.
If your symptoms are severe enough, you'll find the  
strength and determination to do this, as it a bit tough for most people.
Its possible effectiveness, warrants the sacrifice.
Just do a search for it online to find out if it resonates with you.
Cheers!
Niko
Thanks for the response. What exactly is the SCD program though?
I searched it up and couldn't find anything. Is it like probiotic treatment?
Oh specific carbohydrate diet. Ok. I'll read about it. haha.