Right Flank Irritability
I have been diagnosed with Spinaltheliosis stage 1.  I have found that weight loss has helped to reduce discomfort in my back and in my lower spine.  However, I have started to have some irratation in my right flank area.  It is not continuous but occurs often enough on a daily basis.  My doctor has done a full blood work up and my kidney and liver are fine, but I have a very high Uric Acid levels.  Could the elevated Uric Acid level be causing some of this right flank irratation?  It doesnt really bother me much while I am still, but when I wake up in the morning and occassionally when I drive I feel it more often.  I do not feel it when I am active.  Again, I am not experiencing pain....just some irratability in that area.  I am trying to lose some more weight to see if that will help to decrease the level of irration I am experiencing.  Any Ideas?

Thank you

Rick
Perhaps the Back and Neck forum would be able to help also.

I would also suggest seeing a gastroentrologist. In my excperience this could very well be a cause of your symptoms.

good luck!