Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Community
Severe Constipation and chest pain

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) issues such as: Aggravating Factors, Alternative Therapies, Anxiety, Constipation, Depression, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs, Hormonal Changes, Living With - Managing IBS, Medications – Drugs, Nutrition, Pain, Prevention, Research, Stress, Support Groups, Symptoms, Treatment

Severe Constipation and chest pain

Okay...ive gone to the Emergency room 4 times in one week for this. They finally figured out that i have severe constipation...they have given me three different laxatives enemas and stool softener. I have not had a poop in over two weeks. I finally have been able to go but it is a lot of liquid and thats it. The reason why ive been able to go is because i started a High Fiber diet. There is also a lot of pain in my left chest,stomach,and arm. Very irritable and my rectum hurts really bad. I am afraid my body will give up on me because im very uncomfortable. Someone please help me!! :( i really want to feel better again and its been a long time.. My name is Gage,im 25 5'8 and weigh 145 im pretty small for a guy. If someone can please help me feel like Gage again that would be a blessing!! Thx
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Understand what you are going through. Looks like you are suffering from fissure in ano, a condition in which there is severe pain while passing stools and there is bleeding. This is caused due to the passage of hard stools during defecation. Looks like you are suffering from constipation and the consequent effects. Lack of adequate oral fluids and irregular diet (decreased bulk), can further aggravate the problem. As a result of constipation you might have developed fissure in ano. This will become a vicious cycle, with pain you have problems with passing stools and this will further aggravate the constipation. So, consult your doctor for the fissure, he may advise surgery if needed. Then, I would advise you to develop a lifestyle to fight constipation. Drink plenty of water. Regular meals with high fiber content like green leafy vegetables, plenty of fruits, lots of oral fluids and exercise will help relieve constipation.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.