So worried that I may have cervical cancer, not IBS!
Hi there,

I am so worried about cervical cancer. To start at the beginning I started getting really bad pelvic pain and headaches, which my doctor said was probably stress causing the headache and could be IBS for the pain. Anyway, I had them for 3 months until my doctor advised me to stop taking my birth control for a while. I did stop taking it for three months and both stopped. I was in no more pain so I started taking them again last month. Towards the end of my first pack I started getting pelvic pain again, had my period - no more pain than normal. I am halfway through my second pack and I have had the pain since taking the very first tablet. Ive tried taking the peppermint capsuals again and they are not doing anything! I have been on the pill for about 5 years, so could I only just be gettign side effects? Could it be my pill causing these problems, because im so worried as a symptom of cervical cancer is pelvic pain which doesnt relent! I should probably add that im only 24 so I have never had a smear test. Im so worried, and would really appreciate any advice!!
Welcome to the IBS community!  If you are concerned about cervical cancer, I would recommend seeing a gynecologist about this.
Do you think I need to?
Probably not, but if it is something you are stressing over then it might be a good idea.
you could have endometriousis (not sure of spelling). You should see a gynecologist.....I had pelvic pain and headaches while on the pill and it was endometriousis, which can be taken care of fairly easily if you catch it early.