Aa
A
A
Close
So worried that I may have cervical cancer, not IBS!
Hi there,

I am so worried about cervical cancer. To start at the beginning I started getting really bad pelvic pain and headaches, which my doctor said was probably stress causing the headache and could be IBS for the pain. Anyway, I had them for 3 months until my doctor advised me to stop taking my birth control for a while. I did stop taking it for three months and both stopped. I was in no more pain so I started taking them again last month. Towards the end of my first pack I started getting pelvic pain again, had my period - no more pain than normal. I am halfway through my second pack and I have had the pain since taking the very first tablet. Ive tried taking the peppermint capsuals again and they are not doing anything! I have been on the pill for about 5 years, so could I only just be gettign side effects? Could it be my pill causing these problems, because im so worried as a symptom of cervical cancer is pelvic pain which doesnt relent! I should probably add that im only 24 so I have never had a smear test. Im so worried, and would really appreciate any advice!!
Cancel
4 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Welcome to the IBS community!  If you are concerned about cervical cancer, I would recommend seeing a gynecologist about this.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Do you think I need to?
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Probably not, but if it is something you are stressing over then it might be a good idea.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
you could have endometriousis (not sure of spelling). You should see a gynecologist.....I had pelvic pain and headaches while on the pill and it was endometriousis, which can be taken care of fairly easily if you catch it early.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Community Resources