Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Community
Stomach distention-almost a week now
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) issues such as: Aggravating Factors, Alternative Therapies, Anxiety, Constipation, Depression, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs, Hormonal Changes, Living With - Managing IBS, Medications – Drugs, Nutrition, Pain, Prevention, Research, Stress, Support Groups, Symptoms, Treatment

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Stomach distention-almost a week now

So I was diagnosed with IBS 3 years ago, but have always had on again off again symptoms..and had doubted if I even had IBS because of how widespread they are. About 3 months ago I began having a new symptom-about 1 week before my period..my stomach would get very swollen and distended and grow in size about 3 inches. I also began a more intensive exercise program around the same time this began, so I assumed it was my body retaining water weight. However, this time around I had just gotten done having my period..and after a morning of heavy coffee drinking, I found the stomach distention coming back. I had never noticed it except before my period before. That was Christmas eve, and the next day was Christmas..so I ate more than usual. I don't eat any sugar, gluten, or dairy..but I ate lots of steak, honey sweetened cookies, and other goodies. I was way more stuffed than I ever am..and took some psyllium husk tablets to cleanse my body. I took about two servings a day on Christmas eve and Christmas. Nonetheless, it's almost a week later and my stomach is still huge. I can't wear any of my normal clothes, and feel awful. Im having trouble continuing my exercise routine as I love to lift weights and quite frankly..my stomach is in the way. Does anyone have any advice..please???