Stomach distention-almost a week now
So I was diagnosed with IBS 3 years ago, but have always had on again off again symptoms..and had doubted if I even had IBS because of how widespread they are. About 3 months ago I began having a new symptom-about 1 week before my period..my stomach would get very swollen and distended and grow in size about 3 inches. I also began a more intensive exercise program around the same time this began, so I assumed it was my body retaining water weight. However, this time around I had just gotten done having my period..and after a morning of heavy coffee drinking, I found the stomach distention coming back. I had never noticed it except before my period before. That was Christmas eve, and the next day was Christmas..so I ate more than usual. I don't eat any sugar, gluten, or dairy..but I ate lots of steak, honey sweetened cookies, and other goodies. I was way more stuffed than I ever am..and took some psyllium husk tablets to cleanse my body. I took about two servings a day on Christmas eve and Christmas. Nonetheless, it's almost a week later and my stomach is still huge. I can't wear any of my normal clothes, and feel awful. Im having trouble continuing my exercise routine as I love to lift weights and quite frankly..my stomach is in the way. Does anyone have any advice..please???
You need to follow up with doc right away even go to an ER if the pain gets really bad.  Distention can happen for many reasons like being allergic to something you ate to blockage.  I also indulged over the holidays its normal.  I'm not a doctor but hope you will follow up with one.
Thank you, but I am not having any pain at al..
Thats good I'm glad to hear it Happy New Year.