Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Community
Stomach problems after eating breakfast

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) issues such as: Aggravating Factors, Alternative Therapies, Anxiety, Constipation, Depression, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs, Hormonal Changes, Living With - Managing IBS, Medications – Drugs, Nutrition, Pain, Prevention, Research, Stress, Support Groups, Symptoms, Treatment

Stomach problems after eating breakfast

Hey, I'm 17 at the moment and recently (ever since last year, during the school year) I've been having stomach aches whenever I eat breakfast in the morning. Lately I've been testing what happens if I don't eat certain things for breakfast and see if I could rid of this annoying problem. It seems like whenever I eat/drink anything before 8-ish, I would get a stomach ache. Also, its only during weekdays, I'm fine in the weekends at the moment. The problem went away during the summer too. So far, not eating breakfast and not drinking anything except for water up until 9-10 AM seems to solve the problem. But it'd be lovely if I could eat breakfast again, I hate going to school starving. Could this be stress related? And I'm pretty sure its not lactose intolerance because I could drink milk in the afternoon and at night without a problem. Thanks for the help!
Oh my god, I have the same problem -_- (I just realized this reply is like 4 years too late) but yeah I used to eat breakfast EVERYDAY even if it meant I was going to miss the bus to school right up until end of jr high.

From then on, I can't eat breakfast or I will have to visit the bathroom ... quite a lot of times and it's so embarrassing >_>;;;

So I opted not to eat breakfast even though I will be hungry... and that seem to work. I thought it had a lot to do with cold weather because I usually get diarrhea or something like that if the lower half of my body is cold, but I dont think that's either o_O Now I cant eat anything before noon or ... my stomach gets unhappy;;

I read for clues around the internet and the similar points seem to be high stress and lack of sleep. I think by the time we get into high school we get a lot of those.. stress.. and lack of sleep. But I graduated high school and I'm in college now (with less stress and more sleep) but I still have my old habit of not being able to eat breakfast!

I WANT to eat breakfast now... but I cant. This is sad.