The doctor thinks im fat, help!!!
Can anyone help?

Im male and 29. I suffer from periodical bloating of the abdomen, on average once a month, that lasts anywhere from a few days to a few weeks. In that time my abdomen will bloat, often by over 15 inches. Doctor has labelled it as IBS, prescribed mebeverine and left me to it.

Other symptoms include being insatiably hungry, tired, and not being able to pass stool for the period (often many days, 8 being the record so far). Natural and medicinal laxatives dont tend to work. They simply make the stool very loose at the end of the period, but not actually speed up the flow of the intestines.

Current episode i believe is caused by some ibuprofen i had to take for a migraine. Often i believe it is caused by certain food ingredients. Often i can eat something, say a sandwich and within 5 minutes not feel well, within 30 minutes start to bloat.

And as a last red herring, the doctor doesnt believe me, but 9 times out of 10 if I have the bloating it is often accompanied by a lot of ingrowing hair-type spots on my legs. I wont get them when im feeling normal, but when im bloated i may get 10 - 15 on my legs at anyone time. All washing and hygiene are the same, its not as if i lay in bed or change my routine when ill.

Anyone that can help, i would really appreciate it. Its driving me mad.
Bloating is a symptom of IBS, along with constipation.  Have you had any testing?  Also, what laxatives have you tried?  When you are not haveing the bloating, do you have any problems with your stool?  Can you attribute your flare-ups to any specific food you ate?