Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Community
Went to the GI last year, got a CT, everything was normal, BUT still fe...
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) issues such as: Aggravating Factors, Alternative Therapies, Anxiety, Constipation, Depression, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs, Hormonal Changes, Living With - Managing IBS, Medications – Drugs, Nutrition, Pain, Prevention, Research, Stress, Support Groups, Symptoms, Treatment

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Went to the GI last year, got a CT, everything was normal, BUT still feeling Pain!

It was exactly 1 year ago. My symptoms were very worrying. I had lower left abdominal pain. sort of like a sharp, cramping pain. almost like a contraction, that would come and go.

the pain was always at one spot only. it never radiated anywhere. i went to see a GI doc.

i had a CT done, and it came out normal. i just forgot about it, and continued going on with my life. since then, i have had the pain come and go, but nothing too bad.

but now the pain is more intense again (like last year), and its worrying me again.

Again, its lower left abdomnal (abdominal). Never had that pain anywhere else.

i have sometimes noticed changes in bowel habbits. which switch between constipation, and then semi-soilid feces (sort of like diarrhea - but not completely runny).

3 days ago - constipated
since then, been able to go - nice volume of stool, but its semi-solid/liquid.

the pain is NOT releived by defecation.

COULD THIS BE IBS?

changes in diet: i've noticed, that i've been eating slightly more spicy food recently. should i try eliminate tobasco altogether?
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Understand your predicament. IBS can produce alternating bowel habits. Then again please check for Diabetes as this can affect the sympathetic and parasympathetic nerves leading to bowel symptoms. This can be detected by a simple blood test. Also local pathologies in the rectum like growths or inflammatory diseases can  cause  alternating bowel habits. For this a proctoscopy or a sigmoidoscopy will help detect the lesion. So, would advise you to discuss these options with your doctor when you happen to meet him next time.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank