Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Community
What can cause extreme diarrhea and abdominal/groin pain?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) issues such as: Aggravating Factors, Alternative Therapies, Anxiety, Constipation, Depression, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs, Hormonal Changes, Living With - Managing IBS, Medications – Drugs, Nutrition, Pain, Prevention, Research, Stress, Support Groups, Symptoms, Treatment

For the last 4 days ive had extreme diarrhea and major stoamach pain and rumling( to me sounds like a water cooler when  u get wwater and th air bubbles but louder 20-30 times a min), Now today its shifted slightly to where ive had a few bowel movments but now just alotta gas release and etreme pain is more then it was in the left side area of my groin. Now for the fine details, the 1st day it started about 1.5 hrs after i ate, then went untill about 3-4 am and i ate nothing else just 64oz of gatorade, 1 bottle water and 1 can diet pop. Then next day was the same 1.5 to 2 hrs after i ate wham but wasnt as bad so i tried eating a bit more to quiet the growling but that made it way worse, to drink was more gatorade and water. then yesterday i ate a sub for lunch and well tat went way bad, and got so painfull i culdnt stand it plus was in the br like every 10 mins till like 8pm and all i ate was the sub with half 2 liter 7up and gaorade and water. Now today i eased into it a bit more carefully, started with a baked patato plain just salt, and 6 saltine crackers, the had sandwhich later, some mased potatoes and a apple. Been in bathroom 5-6 times but really not to bad but yet the pain is still really bad in groin and stomach and gas is still building up bad. Now lastly all these days when i got up around 9ish there was minimal pain and nuttin untill i ate. My main concern and question is could all of this be just a virus with that much pain or should i look for something more serious? Appreciate any help i can get ty
just an additional note extreme amonia (ammonia) smell last 24 hrs...
how is you situation now?