What is it I'm eating?
I went to the doctor on Friday and was told I have IBS. I have been experiencing problems since August 2012. So it has been going on for a while. I have days where I get very bloated and feel very uncomfortable. My stomach gurgles a lot and sometimes I feel like bubbles are popping in my stomach. I have a loose stool some days and others I am constipated. My doctor prescribed me with hyoscyamine sulfate, which actually seemed to help for the first few days but now it doesn't feel as good. I've been having very loose stools which I know is a side effect, and I've been really bloated today. I wasn't sure if someone might know what might cause this based on what I ate the past few days. I'm a very athletic person and am in good shape. But I do love desserts! I know that's bad for IBS though. Yesterday I had an egg and cheese sandwich on a croissant for breakfast, then had raisin bran for dessert. For dinner I had pasta and chicken parmesan with broccoli. For a snack I had grapes and carrots. This morning I had a bowl of raisin bran with grapes, and for lunch I had grapes and corn chowder. I wasn't sure if maybe grapes might cause this since I eat them so often?
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Understand your predicament. Alternating bowel habits, abdominal bloating and pain are all symptoms of IBS. It is difficult to say what has triggered your symptoms. Maintain a food diary and try to identify those foods which are likely to produce bloating and avoid them. Eat food rich in plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables, avoid spicy and fatty food, avoid smoking and eliminate alcohol. Do not consume caffeinated beverages.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.