Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Community
Why do I have a fecal odor coming from my body

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) issues such as: Aggravating Factors, Alternative Therapies, Anxiety, Constipation, Depression, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs, Hormonal Changes, Living With - Managing IBS, Medications – Drugs, Nutrition, Pain, Prevention, Research, Stress, Support Groups, Symptoms, Treatment

It comes in waves from my skin and isn't a constant odor.
The forums are full of people who have their own theories. I personally think i have leaky gut caused by a fungus that i know I have. My symptoms are getting a bit better on the candida program but I'm still not in the clear. Anyone know whats causing this

Come have  a laugh at my blog      beatleakygas.com
Hi Steve,

After reading your post I did visit your page (beatleakygas.com).  Firstly, I must say you are wonderful by putting it out there for others whom may suffer from this problem.  I wish you the best of luck w/ finding out answers and wish you many happy days ahead.  

Happy Thanksgiving.

S~
Perhaps it is not coming specifically from your body... I know one person who had the same problem and it wasn't from his body like he thought.  It was his wisdom teeth that created this foul smell in his mouth.  As he breathed the scent (odor) came through his nose.  Many people said that he smelled like bowel movement.  He later discovered that it was his wisdom teeth that cause the problem.  He got them removed and the odor deminished.  SO CHECK OUT YOUR WISDOM TEETH!

F~
It is Candida Overgrowth, Candidiasis...it can cause leaky gut, yellow gunk on tongue, IBS, Chronic Fatigue, bad "brain fog" (mine went to my sinuses, head...can run in families of European decent, my mother and brother have same thing....kids with it are labeled ADD, so many problems from this overgrowth).
Just look it up, research. Majority of doctors only treat symptoms, but this is a cause of many other illnesses, symptoms...so they do not acknowledge or even know enough about it. High blood pressure, headaches that stayed in same side of head and loss of shoulder/arm, recently almost lost eyesight on same side of head as headache. It is awful, mostly because did doctors appointments, MRI's, etc...for 7 years...nothing, except wanting to fill me meds. I just gave up this summer and my search ended and made so much sense at Candida Overgrowth. But read as much as possible.
TinaKini, I am going to be replying to all your comments made on these posts that are years old in case one of the original posters reads this.  I am against posting the same thing on many different threads, but in this case, it is needed.  For a long long time now, alternative medicine has talked about candida overgrowth and the many dangers of this and how this has become an epidemic.  This is all one huge myth.  Candida overgrowth (often called thrush) is a relatively benign problem.  It is best treated with anti-fungals which are very different from antibiotics.  Taking antibiotics can make you susceptible to getting candida overgrowth, but then anti-fungals are the correct treatment.  Doctors are very aware of thrush and other types of candida overgrowth and they know how to successfully treat it, but (luckily) very very few of them believe in this crazyness that the alternative medicine field has caused.

It CANNOT cause obesity, ADHD, ADD, diabeties, sinus problems, blindness, high blood pressure, dementia, fibromyalgia, asthma, leaky gut (but don't get me started on that), chronic fatigue, brain fog, or headaches.  It IS NOT affected by processed sugary foods (although I do agree that these are bad for you in other ways).  (The exception to this is that if you have pre-existing diabeties and you are eating lots of processed sugary foods and not controlling your diabeties, then that can make you more susceptible to candida overgrowth.  Also in rare cases when a patient is in the ICU they can have candida spread throughout their entire body.)

I agree, do your research, use the internet, but don't listen to the people making crazy claims on the internet.