Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Community
Why is my stool burning?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) issues such as: Aggravating Factors, Alternative Therapies, Anxiety, Constipation, Depression, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs, Hormonal Changes, Living With - Managing IBS, Medications – Drugs, Nutrition, Pain, Prevention, Research, Stress, Support Groups, Symptoms, Treatment

Why is my stool burning?

Normally when I go to the toilet, there will be no problems.

But sometimes, maybe once a month or more, when I pass, it tends to burn. Although the stool itself will have a normal form/ colour itself.

Before this happens, it feels as if my bowel is attempting to force everything out faster than usual, and after I go to the toilet, it feels like there's still a stool there. However I'll only hurt myself if I tried to pass it.

Everything is normal any other time, but this seems to happen around once a month and I can even go to the toilet on the same day perfectly fine and comfortably.

My question is, can a stool be too warm (to cause a burning feeling) before it's due to be passed naturally?

Again it only seems to happen once then I'm fine.

I personally don't know of anything that would make your stool warmer than usual. How ever, If you eat spicy foods, after they are digested and then cecreted it can feel like it's eating you a new hole. Do you have a scheduled monthly eatout where you possibly go eat some Mexican food? All joking aside, It sounds like it might be something your eating every once in a while that doesn't quite agree with you.
Some meds can do that to. possible food alergy (allergy). just throwing out some ideas
I have a wheat intolerence, but I haven't eaten any wheat in literally months.
I figured it might have been the tea/coffee I've been drinking recently.

Should note I'm not on any medication either.

Could it have been the tea/coffee or maybe even just nerves?
Oh and I haven't eaten any spicy/mexican/indian or any other volatile foods for months lol
Nerves can do alot of things. Stress can throw our bodies out of wake in all sorts of ways. I wouldn't worry too much about it if you are not having bloody stool or extreme pain. It also depends on how long this problem persists. Sometimes our bodies clean themselves of harmful things,wether it be infection and etc, but to answer your question; i don't believe that your poo is any warmer than it usually is. Your body knows what it is doing and there is a good reason for these actions that it's taking. I really wouldn't worry too much about it unless it gets worse but you can always go see your doctor if that eases your mind.