Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Community
Why is there mucus in my poop?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) issues such as: Aggravating Factors, Alternative Therapies, Anxiety, Constipation, Depression, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs, Hormonal Changes, Living With - Managing IBS, Medications – Drugs, Nutrition, Pain, Prevention, Research, Stress, Support Groups, Symptoms, Treatment

Why is there mucus in my poop?

I am not sure why but i started having mucus in my poop around 3 days ago. Along with that, i have been pooping around 5-7 times a day.

Also, everytime i poop, its like i only poop out 50% of the junk in my stomach the first time. 30 minutes to 1 hour later, i would poop some more and i would STILL feel as if the load hasnt completely gone from my stomach.

Please help! My doctor said i have to stop eating 5 meals a day and revert back to 3 meals and quit protein shakes for 3 weeks until it subsides.

Or else i have to do a colonoscopy
wake up,its parasites.bet your stupid doctor will never tell you.you can buy 7 day body detox at walmart
This is also a symptoms of IBS. research this and see what you can do for it, naturally.
If i take a colon cleanser. Would my poop return to normal?

Also, would the ones provided at GNC be a good choice?

http://www.gnc.com/shop/index.jsp?categoryId=3629290&cp=2167112

Not necessarily. If the IBS continues to be a problem, then this will as well. It is good to get it out though.
Sorry but get what out exactly? You mean the toxins?

I dont know if i have IBS yet because i have not done a colonoscopy yet, therefore my doctor cannot diagnose me accordingly.

Could the mucus just be a random phase that will pass in a week or two?

Im just annoyed for the fact that im eating healthier and as a reward my bowel suffers.

I dont recall of having any food intolerances either.
Get the poop and mucus out.

I know what you mean, I try to eat healthy, take supplements, and still have health issues.
Is this still a problem?  You stomach has a mucus lining which prevents it digesting itself.  It can happen with some digestive problems that the stomach lining is excreted with faeces.  If this is still a problem, you really need to see your doc.
Btw, is it clear mucus?  Stomach lining is clear n jelly like when it comes out with faeces.
Yes it is quite clear and jelly like mucus.
Good Lord - Don't do one of those intestional cleansing things - you wash away the GOOD bacteria in your intestines AS WELL AS the bad bacteria.  At least get to a freaking gastro doctor if you haven't by now.  Please, let's get the body parts straight - ok?  The food goes into your stomach, then it goes to the small intestine where the nutrients are absorbed, then it goes to your large intestine where supposedly your body I believe puts some of the water into your poop (mine DOESN'T DO THAT).  The mucous is from your intestinal lining and it's NOT normal to be coming out.  You could have several different problems (all of which I don't think are pleasant).  I somehow caught the Blasto parasite in March 2009 and was put on Flagyl.  Only good thing about Flagyl is it helped me lose 9 pounds.  Because of taking Flagyl (a strong antibiotic), I ended up with C.Diff.  (Look up C.Diff - it's not pleasant either).  I have been battling C.Diff since March 2009 and it's now September 27.  Two CT scans, one colonoscopy (which had shining results), several $1,000 in Vancomycin (an even stronger antibiotic for your intestines) and I STILL have C.Diff.  Look people, if your poop's coming out funny looking in any way any longer than 3 days - get yourself to a gastro doctor because it probably wasn't just too many tacos that you ate. I made the mistake of going to my regular doctor and lost out on 7 days by getting sicker.  After every round of Vanco pills, the C.Diff remained.  I'm having trouble getting the good bacteria replaced in my guts and my gastro doctor is really beginning to look like an idiot to me because they take me off Vanco and within 3 days my symptoms are all back and the most COMMON symptom I have is the mucous - chunks and strings of it wrapped around the poop - that's my intestinal lining shredding folks.  Once the lining goes, the bacteria will eat it's way through the intestional wall and I'll be infected all over.  So when you see that mucous in yours - don't play around about not seeing a butt specialist.  You could end up with your guts taken out.  Dark, hard stools with no other symptoms could be just constipation.  I've been constipated all of my life and didn't know it (I thought everybody had a hard time pooping) until I got sick with C.Diff.  I'm in my 50's folks.