Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Community
always going to bathroom about 20 times or more for a bowel movement wi...

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) issues such as: Aggravating Factors, Alternative Therapies, Anxiety, Constipation, Depression, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs, Hormonal Changes, Living With - Managing IBS, Medications – Drugs, Nutrition, Pain, Prevention, Research, Stress, Support Groups, Symptoms, Treatment

always going to bathroom about 20 times or more for a bowel movement with lots of pain

i have seen many doctors that cannot find whats wrong with me, i can go to the bathroom on a good day for a bowel movement up to 20 times and it is so painful, its diarrhea all the time sometimes i will have harder stooles. on a bad day i can go alot more than 20 times and it is still painful, they did a test called colonoscopy which came out fine, ive done blood work,stool testings and barium testings all came out fine, im getting so fustrated that no one is able to find out what is wrong with me it doesnt matter what i put into my mouth drink or solid i have to run to the bathroom for bowel movement and when i got to go i have to go then. its so bad that i can not even work, i cant hold down a job because im always in the bathroom, and if im not in the bathroom then im in to much pain to do anything. they told me to take imodium (immodium) to help it but all it does is do the opposite makingme not have to go for a day and then its worse because there is so much built up and becomes even more painful for me to go to the bathroom. i dont know what to do or who to get to take me seriously that there is something really wrong, my upper part of my stomoch is big and hard sometimes painful it looks as thouigh i am 6 months pregnant. why should i do what have the doctors not looked at, i cant change my diet because it doesnt matter what i eat, i still have to go, i just want a normal life so i can take care of my daughter better and be able to take her places without having to worry if there is a bathroom anywhere or if i will have my bowel attacks, ????
I have IBS with diarrhea and I just went to the doctor for it.  I have found that eating Activia everyday helps along with imodium (immodium).  I also avoid caffiene.  If nothing over the counter helps there is medicine doctors can perscribe.
hi- did your doctors test for celiax?  my friends mother had a similar issue to yours- basically its a gluetin allergy or something like that- very restrictive diet needed to help releive it.  i don't think you have IBS, I think there's something more going on than that.  Are you seriously going 20 times a day or are you just putting some exaggeration in there to let us know its A LOT.  If you are going 20x a day....there is something seriously wrong.  That's almost every hour of the day.  How can a doctor not take you seriously?  Change your doctor immediately.
yes you have ibs with the big D.Immodium for the D and levsin for the pain.
Love Venora
hi there no-no exaggeration, im telling you i can go 20times sometimes more depends on my body sometimes less but still as painful, but 20 times is for sure, no lieing or blowing it out of perportion. no knowone has tested me for celiax but i did ready up on it on the internet, and im going to ask my doctor too. cause everything i eat goes right throw me. my stomach hurts sometimes burns, but i know there nothing wrong with gullbladder (gallbladder) ive had several ultrasounds. but i am going to ask that he does everything else but another colonoscopy or stool tesing or ultrasound or even the barrium testing cause they should nothing and there is no point in starting to recheck that if there is something else they can check.
no im sure its not IBS thats for sure
its not IBS, i can guarantee that one, but worse
I have the same problem. Upwards of 20x a day, anything I eat is coming back out pretty quick. Even water causes a reaction. If I don't eat anything then eventually there is nothing to come out, but the urge and pain is still there and I am basically dry heaving from my rear end. It hurts to go, feels like I am pooping out stomach acid sometimes and leaves me in tears. My daughter is tired of mommy 'needing a bathroom'. It interferes with your life, going to a movie requires 3 trips to the bathroom. Can anyone point me in a direction so I can start finding answers and hopefully relief? I am only 28 years old and this started just over a year ago...
You have responded to an old, outdated thread from 2007. The people who originally posted these comments may very well have moved on. Rather than reply to an old thread, we recommend that people start a new topic to discuss the subject anew. To do that, please click on the green "Post a Question" button at the top of the page. This will get your post the attention it deserves. Thank you.
you are not alone.. i think its I.B.D. ..way back  Feb1998 i was undergone appendectomy and i think this is the side effect of that always going to bathroom more than 20 times. i have 10 regular visit to bathrooms. and if i had diarrhea i take more than 6 imodium (immodium) and 3 antibiotics 24hr...operation is the solution for our problem..i hope so...thats why i hate to travel and thats the reason why i buy a motorcycle...im from the philippines. NOVEMBER 09, 2011