bland diet
I wonder if someone can help me. I have diarrhea and loose motions for three weeks following, I believe, some bad chicken. My doctor has told me to eat a bland diet with no vegetables, fruit or dairy for two weeks to help the irritability.  I am eating steamed chicken and rice and white bread and porridge made with water.  Is there anything else I can eat, I am finding it very limiting and dry chicken and rice is really difficult to swallow.  Do you think I could eat soya products and drink rice milk and almond milk.  Any help would be appreciated.
Well, you could add some boullion (sp?) to the chicken & rice, which would give it a little more flavor and moisten it up for you.

Bananas are very good for someone who needs to concentrate on a bland diet.  As is applesauce.  

Plain oatmeal or cream of wheat is good for digestive problems too.

Hope you fell better soon!
Thank you for your reply, I will try the bouillion and I have since tried some pasta which was accepted by my stomach.  

I rather thought that this stodgy diet would be thickening my motions by now but I am still loose after a week on this diet.  Do you think that is normal, I know so little about the digestive system, mine has always worked so well until now...