bloating, pain, constipation, mucus!
Would I be crazy to drink mag citrate today?  I have been in constant pain since early yesterday, and trying like hell to pass gas, and this morning all I passed was beige mucus.  Still in extreme pain.  I feel like I need to flush everything OUT!  Bentyl doesn't even touch this pain.  I feel like I have a belt across my belly that is being tightened and tightened and won't let up!  Took Gas-X last night and tried to fart and watch TV, but very little got expelled.  I totally gross my husband out, but he does feel sorry for me.  
Back to my question.....is it ok to drink magnesium citrate?  I can't take this pain and am afraid to eat anything.  
Hopefully, someone can answer this.  I have been diagnosed with IBS recently at age 55!  Can't believe it.
thank you.
peace
Blueskies
If this is out of the norm for you, I would recommend that you see a doctor ASAP or go to the ER to make sure you don't have something like a blockage.  Magnesium citrate is fine to take though once it is confirmed that you are just suffering from constipation, not a blockage.