Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Community
bowel movement discomfort and digestion
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) issues such as: Aggravating Factors, Alternative Therapies, Anxiety, Constipation, Depression, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs, Hormonal Changes, Living With - Managing IBS, Medications – Drugs, Nutrition, Pain, Prevention, Research, Stress, Support Groups, Symptoms, Treatment

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

bowel movement discomfort and digestion

I have been having problems with bowel movement suddenly for the past 2 weeks. I do not have constipation but I have been getting diarrhea for several days on the first week then i began to almost have normal stools but now my stools are loose. Not quite diarrhea but not solid either. It's also very slimy and muckish like. The color is usually a dark brownish color. I have discomfort right below my belly button but no real pain. I also have alot of gas now and the gas and bowel movement smell very unpleasant. My anus also sometimes feels a little slimy even after cleaning it very thoroughly. My diet has been a little unconsistent during the 2 weeks as well.. but for the most part I try to eat healthy and get plenty of fibers and fruits and vegetables. I tried to look online what may be causing this and how to get back a normal health bowel movements but there were just way to many things categorized under the samething..I am extremely worried of having parasites and I cannot afford see a doctor directly as well. What has happened to my bowel movements and Is there anything I can do at home to help myself?
Blank
1386740 tn?1279638951
maybe have doctors do blood test for Celiac disease....it can appear suddenly....