Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Community
can ibs be continious? how long may it last?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) issues such as: Aggravating Factors, Alternative Therapies, Anxiety, Constipation, Depression, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs, Hormonal Changes, Living With - Managing IBS, Medications – Drugs, Nutrition, Pain, Prevention, Research, Stress, Support Groups, Symptoms, Treatment

it is 5 months that i have constipation (someties dierrhea), gas in the right quadrant, bloating and dull pain in the right quadrant under ribs.
these symptoms existed all the days so far. can this be ibs? no vomitting, did not see any blood in the stool. no fever and no apetite loose also. please give me some feedback.
It really depends..I'm 27 & have had it since I was 15. Mainly just constipation & gas. But also pain full cramps. Stress & foods can make it worse. They say it never goes away but you can control it by foods & not getting to stressed out..any help?
my symptoms are occurring in the right quadrant and the dull pain-gas is in the right quadrant. this is strange. why in the right?
Well your colon wraps around & if your constipated it maybe stuck in that part & your gas there maybe trying to push it from there..I've had that happen. It can also be irritated in that spot in your colon & the gas can be building up towards your rib cage.
thanks for the comments. did you do a colonoscopy?  how did you solve the gas and constipation problems?
Ya I did when I was 16 but now its controlled I don't need one. Really the gas I still have..its not painful tho bc I'm going to the bathroom now. Well two things I had to do..1st I had to start a laxitive to get me going then I started taking two stool softerners everyday..or fiber but I hate that. Yet sometimes I get backed up &  have to repeat the whole cycle again..stress can actual cause this (even constipation) which has been my worse enemy...but gas x..the strips you put on your tounge work awesome! Stops w in 15 mins! but also if you have pain ur doc can give u an anti spasmatic med that really helps..u have cramping?
i have no cramps but i aşways feel as if  liquid or gas is moving in my bowel in the right part. i afraid that there may be a tumor. but so far did not see any blood in my stool with naked eye. my symptoms occur every day and  this is making me crazy.
I completely understand. Plus even if we see blood in our stool it may not be serious bc the colon can become inflamed & bleed or our anus. But if there are no cramps thats a good thing bc thats my biggest issue. I was diagnosed at 16 so back then ibs wasnt fully understood so it took at year for them to rule everything out. Mine was serious I was in the er ( by ambulance each week throughout the summer) in dire pain & got down to 90 Ibs. But it can occur everyday esp if its not controlled by meds. There is no cure which was scary for me bc going thru high school never knowing when I was going to have to go to the bathroom or the hospital made me think it would always be that way. But luckily after I saw docs all over my state one doc finally sent me to a psychiatrist & he put me on mood stablelizers and anxiety meds which stop almost all symptoms! Some of them actually were made for "stressed stomachs" Yet by 21 I began having issues again bc it never goes away but never again have I lived like that. The worst is getting horrible cramps & constipated. & thats still not everyday. & the liquid or gas moving in your bowl I also had & called it the wrapping snake bc thats what it felt like. I also thought it was a tumor, cancer something horrible...but it was ibs & they must rule everything out before they will tell you that...which is the hard part. One of the worst parts for me was not knowing what it was. But I dont know your age but you may want to get some kind of test done to ease your mind....this help any?