can ibs mimic pancreas problems?
i have for years now..undiagnosed,, been having this weard epigastric pain,dead center,that extends into my back.
IT doesnt last too long,and comes and goes...feels like a cramp in my diaphram or something...maby i dont have it for months,maby i have it every day for a week!..never know.
i usualy feel fullness/pressure in upper abdomen around this time along with loose stools.
this whole proccess last a few days,and goes away..(pressure/stools)
i also get some burning in the throat like acid reflux at that time too.
ive read into alot,and get worried about things like pancreatits,colitisis,,,but ..
1. i have had many tests such as ct scan 2 x
barrium swallow///ct scan with contrast for cancers/enlargments/artery clogs....nothing shows up
full cbc/chem lad blood work
amalayes/lipase checked
infectious stool sample check
liver enzyme
and nothing shows up!
but it is something,and i want to know what the heck is going on,it drives me nuts not knowing.
Hi, i am experiencing something like that now. Have a history of bladder infections and this started with burning, just at the opening of the Urethra. When lab was done for infection ,it came back negative. Now, 3-4 of weeks later, have an ache more than a pain, on both sides of my waist ( front and back ) down to abdomen, also a sort of oval area in center of stomach, under navel that aches. I also ache in my spine behind that area. In the past have had 2 colonoscopys, not associated with this spell, but they showed nothing wrong ----- except for the comment " your guts are in a mess ". I also have IBS and bouts of constipation and am leaning towards the idea that there is something going on there. Am vy gassey.  This seems to bother me mostly at night and lets up some in the daytime. Perhaps that is because I am busy during the day so have my mind on other things. Usually, i can get the IBS calmed down and back to normal   in a few days but have not had it bother me at night like this.
I also get some burning of my tongue that comes and goes.
Have you ever been checked or discussed IBS with your Dr?  It has a tendency to come and go with bloating and can have either constipation or diarrhea, sometime alternating.
Diet can play a part in it , eating foods that have bulk, vegies and fruit and drinking plenty of water are supposed to help. I never seem to have any warning befor it starts
I have a lot of back problems and sometimes wonder if the nerves in the back may be affecting my stomach as i believe they can.. Am going to get in to the Dr. again if this doesn't let up soon but hate to go if its just more of the same thing.
Hope you get some help.
                                            pj
Hope you get some help.
                                            pj