changing eating habit and lifestyle motivation
I understand that when a person such as my self and others suffers from UC or even IBS, changing eatting styles is offten good. but my question is, has anyone changed what you ate and started exercising found it to be effective. because if you have I would really like to have someone help me out by being my motivation. not so much as for the changing what I eat but really to help me stay motivated with excercise.  I know that when I was not the size that I am now I did not have as much pain and discomfort.  I could really use a outside person to help me. I only want to lose about 20-30 pounds. I have already changed what I eat.
Its funny that you mentioned by being a little heavier than you would like, that you don't feel as well, the same thing i notice with myself, i have put on about 15 pounds, i believe it is because of the lexapro im on for my anxiety and i am eating a lot of carbs because i cant eat much else, but i know that when i have the extra weight, my stomach bothers me more, i feel so much more bloated, and swollen and my stomach tends to hurt me more,  its just a hard way to live life for so many of us, its hard for me to try and excercise because my stomach bothers me so much, it like a circle, should exercise to feel better but cant because i don't feel good!!  go figure.

keep in touch

crumy
Hi ya.

I once got sick of being a lil chubby and went to a health specialist who set me an exercise and diet plan, I stuck to this every single day, I never cheated and not only did I loose more weight than I wanted to My IBS was gone!!!! Everyday i walked for an hour and did half hour of floor exercises at home (Body toning exercises). The diet was very strict but after 2 weeks I craved the healthy food and actually lost my addiction for chocolate!! You eat a big healthy breakfast of grains and cereals with low fat milk, lunch is when you eat your meat and you can only eat chicken and fish, you can have vegies or salad and tea is vegies, no meat or gravy, or soups. you do not eat anything at all after 7pm and the only drink you can have is water and nothing else!! If you like red meat only once a week. snacks are nuts and fruit.  Like I said i did it just for weight loss but discovered the very first cure for irratable bowel syndrome. Part of IBS is having a lazy digestive system so our tummys just cant deal with modern foods and takeaways it needs to go back to the very basics, then your tummy will be happy and work effeciently. I know its all bad but no medicine can help IBS. Good luck!!
Me again, I forgot to mention you also need to cut out all butters and margarines, no roasted food at all, no oils, no putting salt on any food, just any thing you can think that you add to food must go. I learnt to eat toast with no butter, you do actually like the tastes eventually.  And drink water all day long. Buy a sipper bottle and keep filling it up and take with you everywhere, and just keep sipping at it, Your tummy will love the extra healthy fluid and its a great bowel cleanser.  I wish you luck. Give yourself and your body to accept your new lifestyle.  Its boring to start with but you learn what yummy different dishes you can make with the basics. And hey seafood is yum!!!
Thanks Brockyboy for those insights, honestly it seems like very sound advice!!!!