colon spasm
Does anyone know what causes colon spasms? Mine doesn't feel like it is the right side or the left side, it feels like the middle of the rectal. It's hard to discribe it, but I know it is painful as heck. relieving the pain by trying to go and have  bowel movement ususally helps. Sometimes it feels like it is going to make my legs hurt and you tense up. This is how it does on me. Can someone explain this to me why i have colon spasms This on happens seldom.
You may be having spasms because you are constipated.  Your colon may be trying to empty and is too backed up to do so.  That could easily cause spasms or cramping. I would try a colon cleanse, if I were you. You might also try Fibercon, a mild laxative that you can use nightly until the problem is solved.  There are also laxative teas,but some can be harsh.  Search the net for a colon cleanse and until you receive it, give the Fibercon a try.  Hope this helps.
My husband, too, has rectal pain often and is very severe and lasts around 30 minutes or longer.  I tried heating pads, even sticking the finger up a little ways to see if that would relax the rectum.  doctors can't do anything for it.  I even tried a massager and then hand massaging the area.  Nothing worked.  So, my husband laid on his back and bent his knees toward his chest.  He asked me to put pressure on his legs.  So, I got on the bed and sat on the shin area while his legs are bent and leaned forward to put some pressure on and then he asked me to stop when it was the right amount.  After I did that, the pain went away.  so, those of you that are having this problem, try this and see if it helps.
Darlene