Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Community
diarrhea for 10 days then no BM for 7 days

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) issues such as: Aggravating Factors, Alternative Therapies, Anxiety, Constipation, Depression, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs, Hormonal Changes, Living With - Managing IBS, Medications – Drugs, Nutrition, Pain, Prevention, Research, Stress, Support Groups, Symptoms, Treatment

Hello All

I have always had consipation on and off but since i got diagnosed with fibromyalgia and myofacial pain syndrome 4 yrs ago as the drugs make it that way specially the opiates but 4 mths ago i started getting bouts of diarrhea and vomting once a mth then it happened every 2 weeks lasting 4 days at a time feeling really ill and flu like and the last bout was a week apart and lasted 10 days since then i have not had a bowel movements its been 7 days and my tummy is so sore lots of stabbing pains in the back and ribs and lower aching pains my tummy turns over and gurgles as if i am going to have a bout of diarrhea but nothing i took some laxatives sachet form normanly one does the trick but i have taken 5 over the past few days and nothing, should i be worried? i went to the dr whaen i had the diarrhea bouts as they were so out of the blue for me and the pain was alot plus the diarrhea smelt so bad  she said i should give her a stool sample but since then i have not be able to go, the longest i have gone is 4 days before but not this long, i diagnosed myself with ibs from symptoms 20 yrs ago when i first had symptoms but never been tested, i always had pain before a bowel movement then the pain would go the bowel movements would be hard but never diarrhea i cant understand how it can go from diarrhea to no bowel movement at all, should i be worried?