doctors who suspect that all people are drug crazed
I really question quality of life isssues of pain meds vs being homeboutnd due to very debillitating pain and IBS  in the past 8 years I have gone Tfrom being a slender vital person to an extremelly obese and useless persoh.  I had a nissan fundal plication followed by a thyroid storm (misdiagnosed as bipolar disorder) then my descending colon ruptured which I should have died from.  After 2 months in intensive care due to a med induced coma and pneumonia  Then 7 months later i got another blockage and spent 3 more weeks in the hospital.  exactally 15  later I had 5 blockages and massive hernias from the previous conditions,. I had my colostomy reversed and had massive necorsis so i lost my lower abdominall muscles and the skin on most of my right thigh.  i still had to fight for aaminute amount of pain meds.  I don't want to go to pain management but no doctor wants to even seldomly give pain meds so my life *****. Should I call Kovorkian or move to Washington state where suicide for terminal people is allowed
Welcome to the IBS community!  The are probably very hesitant to give you narcotics because your risk of developing another obstruction is high.  Have you tried any non-narcotic pain meds?  Even if you were to move to Washington state, it doesn't sounds like your condition is terminal, so this wouldn't work.