Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Community
does anyone have constant lighthead with ibs?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) issues such as: Aggravating Factors, Alternative Therapies, Anxiety, Constipation, Depression, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs, Hormonal Changes, Living With - Managing IBS, Medications – Drugs, Nutrition, Pain, Prevention, Research, Stress, Support Groups, Symptoms, Treatment

ive been in and out of the er and gp since i gave birth 5 months ago. ive had ct head scan, ct chest scan, chest x ray, echo, abdominal and pelvic x ray, complete blood count, thyroid, and more blood tests... everything comes back normal? i have a constant full and tight/heavy feeling in my stomach, mainly lower stomach. sometimes it rises up to my sternum.  with this i have a constant left side chest ache (not pain) but an ache, also below my left rib also.  i am constantly woozy headed not spinning but light and sometimes when i walk i feel off balance and weak in the legs like im going to fall.  i have a shortness of breath feeling also everyday, which is like i feel a little smothered?  but its the lighthead and smothered feeling which is getting mr down. but the doctors cant find anything. they put me on losec for acid reflux a week ago nothings changing... does anyone have these symptoms with ibs??? also i get the constipation.
Tags: IBS
I definitly feel that alot.  I have several diff medical conditions but I think that it would make sense to feel dizzy and light headed if you have ibs because the longer you are constipated the more your blodd bsorbs waist etc.  It makes me quite sick sometimes.
Your symptoms are identical to my daughters, in fact we had her into the ER just a couple of days ago with shortness of breath and dizziness.  As always they can find nothing out of the ordinary.  She is on probiotics (allign) which seems to help keep her symptoms at bay, as well as many other medications.  Keeping Hydrated (with Lemon water) also helps her feel well.  Has to be real lemon though.  I hope you get to feeling better, I know how tough it is to remain positive when one feels bad.
I have had the exact same symptoms for the past 2 yrs..sometimes i have diarhhea or constipated. i wake up like this and go to sleep like this. I cant do anything or even work.I have gained weight when you would think the opposite. constantly dizzy out of breath etc. i thought it was because it takes so long to digest etc. I belch all the time, terrible gas etc. the chest pain is whats awful and i still dont know if thats whats causing it. I also cough as if i have bronchitis. Do you also have back pain? My stomach feels full and i have also have the leg weakness. this is the first time i have  heard anyone else with same complaint. I am wondering if the colon is pressing on the nerves? I too have had many tests.
I've have IBS for over 20 years.  Most days it is under control if I eat sensibly and drink plenty of fluids.

There are some days that sometimes I believe I ate good, went to bed and woke up in the middle of the night feeling dizzy (almost like I drank to much - room spinning).

Typically this is due to gas from the IBS.  Once I have a good bowel movement, I start to feel better.

For me, drinking water and eating fiber helps relieve this symptom.  I typically feel ok the next day.
yes! alot. just sit down and drink water i suppose?
Very interesting, I too have symptoms like that but I have attributed it to my heart problem atrail fibulation. You gave me something to think about. I did notice that a bad nights sleep with stomach cramps or having to get up to go to the bathroom set off my heart problem the following day.
I too get very lightheaded and it happens several times a day on most days. I have noticed a fast onset of the dizziness and nausea right before I feel the urge to have a bowel movement. It can be very scary... I have had so many tests done and the docs don't have any answers for me. I use to think that it might be associated with my heart and blood pressure but now I am pretty sure that it is linked to my bowels somehow. A lot of my nausea feels like it is coming from my bowels (if that makes any sense). I can eat a small amount of food and my stomach will feel so bloated even though I am not actually full and the bloating lasts for a couple hours usually. I was diagnosed with a hiatal hernia a couple years ago but the doc never said that any of these symptoms were related to that. I just know I am very tired of feeling this way and would really like some answers. I am sorry that I couldn't be of any help to you.
I can relate to your symptoms, one that I also get but cant explain is the feeeling of pins and needles in my facial area, and feeling hot. At times I feel lightheaded and short of breath. Then my heart feels like it is goining to pound out of my chest. I have had many EKG's, stress tests, even went as far as a cardio cath. All test reveal my heart is fine. My stomach on the other hand seems always a mess. Although I have had a Endoscopy, Colonoscopy, CT of the AB and chest, delayed gastric emptying test, 24 hour PH test. The only health issues revelaed were a med hiatel hernia, slow gastric emptying and very acidic in the esophagus. 3 weeks ago I had nissen fundoplication surgery for the hernia and acidic problem. Still sore from surgery, but still have stomach issues. Bloating, gas, some days mucus in my stools, some days dark black stools. I do not drink or smoke, I use to exercise daily, but since this began at the begining of the year it is difficult to fell well enough to exercise. Good luck everyone! Any great ideas please feel free to share.
I feel the pins and needles on my face only too as well as heat rushing suddenly, follow by palpitations sometimes. I feel light headed almost all day and sometimes at night. I have read these symptoms could be part of ibs and over the years since I have had ibs proves that its true. About two weeks ago I have started a product called "kefir". Mayo clinic has a good article about it online; its worth reading and I believe trying. I don`t know if Meijer, Walmart or other grocery stores keep it but there is a market called Mediterranean Island in Grand Rapids which has drinkable kefir and "labne" which made with kefir (has the consistency of cream cheese). Drinkable kefir is $2.99 for a bottle and the labne is $4.99.
Watching the types of food I eat and how much to eat helps a lot. I started back to exercising again, feeling better. Keeping away from stress is VERY important with ibs, especially if a person is sensitive. Good luck to everyone who has the same problem. All the best..
26 yr old male with ALL the same symptoms here.
I only get diarrhea in the morning, 2-4 times in the right after breakfast. Almost every day...very confusing. Leaves me with abdominal aches until early afternoon then I am okay. Pain is to the lower left OR lower right.
If I start to feel nauseous, the stomach pain soon follows...and vice versa.
Lots of the time right after I eat, or while I am eating, I will get lightheaded and feel full when I know I can eat much more.
Still havn't figured out what to do about the symptoms.
Lots of water, watching which foods you are eating and probiotic yogurt helps me a tiny bit.
Any other miracle ideas ??
My life absolutely *****. Scared to leave the house in fear my stomach will hurt, I will get lightheaded and pass out or I will get a diarrhea attack.
I have been dealing with this for about 2years, doctors are NOT helping and seems to be getting worse not better.
I have been experiencing the same thing as well as pain in my back. Have any of you been checked for fibromyalgia?  I was diagnosed with it earlier this year.  When my ibs starts to play up it puts me in a flare up.  Please Google the symptoms and ask your doctor.