Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Community
does anyone have pain with this on their period
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) issues such as: Aggravating Factors, Alternative Therapies, Anxiety, Constipation, Depression, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs, Hormonal Changes, Living With - Managing IBS, Medications – Drugs, Nutrition, Pain, Prevention, Research, Stress, Support Groups, Symptoms, Treatment

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

does anyone have pain with this on their period

I have had IBS for many years now & now I have a lot more stress its gotta wayyyy worse..I can barely eat. But anyway when I get close to my period & on my period the pain seems to amplify. Does anyone else have this problem..I kno I need to weed out some stress (still haven't mastered that) but the IBS & period pain is insane...
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Understand your predicament. According to studies done, women with irritable bowel syndrome often report premenstrual distress syndrome and dysmenorrhea. The multiple symptoms reported by women with both irritable bowel syndrome and premenstrual distress syndrome suggest that this group may be particularly challenging to treat and may require a multicomponent (e.g., education, diet, relaxation, cognitive restructuring) approach.

Chart out lifestyle measures which included regular exercise, specific diet schedules and stress reduction protocols. And you can use OTC Acetaminophen for relief from pain.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Blank
5082295_tn?1371254511
Ok thanks so much! Im going to def try these things!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank