Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Community
feel small bulge on left side of abdomen

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) issues such as: Aggravating Factors, Alternative Therapies, Anxiety, Constipation, Depression, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs, Hormonal Changes, Living With - Managing IBS, Medications – Drugs, Nutrition, Pain, Prevention, Research, Stress, Support Groups, Symptoms, Treatment

My husband had what he thought was a hernia, but a recent CT Scan showed none to be present.  It did however show him to be constipated.  He has regular BMs daily, so this was a surprise to him.  If you push on the left side of his abdomen, you feel a bulge and with pressing on it, you feel bubbles.  He has pain in that area after eating certain meals.  I ordered him "Ultra Flora Plus Capsules" that is a probiotic formula that provides highly vialbe, pure strains of Lactobacillus acidophilus (NCFM strain) and Bifidobacterium lactis along with supportive factors.  It provides no less than 15 billion combined live organisms per serving.  He has been taking the recommended dose of 1 capsule daily for a week now.  I'm not sure if this will help.
What do you think this bulge could be?  His doctor just keeps telling him it's just gas bubbles and the constipation is causing a weak bulge in the intestion.  Maybe he now needs to see a specialist in this field, but we have already spent a fortune on the CT Scan and other apts.  What could be causing this bulge?
Thank you
I have the same bulge & was told it was my transverse colon and that was where everything in my colon was coming to a screeching halt. I am extremely concerned that my doc is very nonchalant about this since how in the world can they say for sure that is what it is by pressing on my stomach! I have an appt with my GI doc to speak with her about it & am hoping to not freak out before then.....