Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Community
foul smelling burps

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) issues such as: Aggravating Factors, Alternative Therapies, Anxiety, Constipation, Depression, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs, Hormonal Changes, Living With - Managing IBS, Medications – Drugs, Nutrition, Pain, Prevention, Research, Stress, Support Groups, Symptoms, Treatment

foul smelling burps

I just had my stomach pulled back down through a large rupture in my diaphram.  The doctor said, he sewed my stomach to my esophagus below the diaphram. Since the surgery I have been having trouble with food getting stuck in my throat but what bothers me the most is  the foul smelling burps, even my family says the burps are disgusting.  This surgery was done 9/7/07.  What is causing the burps to smell like gas?
hello,
its rather embarrasing but i to am suffering from whatebver this is. its started about 2 years ago, and it wasnt all the time or even as frequent as it is now. but when i burp i have noticed it getting worse and more regular that my burps reek of feces or worse. and it wasnt till the other day that i was in a waiting room and the smallest burp came up. and almost immediatly a woman kinda across from where i was sitting started to compalin about how disgusting someone is for passing gas in public. i was so embarased even though noone knew it was me, i had realized that its not in my head and others could smell it. so anything you may find out or hear about id really appreciate if you could pass it on. i will be more then happy to do the same. thanks so much
-a friend