Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Community
ibs or not is the question

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) issues such as: Aggravating Factors, Alternative Therapies, Anxiety, Constipation, Depression, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs, Hormonal Changes, Living With - Managing IBS, Medications – Drugs, Nutrition, Pain, Prevention, Research, Stress, Support Groups, Symptoms, Treatment

ibs or not is the question

I rarely get mucus in my stool is it still considered ibs?
Many many people with IBS don't get mucus in their stool.  This is not a criteria for having IBS.
Thank you for answering I was reading the Rome/Manning criteria for ibs and it says that if mucus is present in stool it's a symptom of ibs, and I rarely have mucus in my stool that’s why I was wondering.
It is sometimes a symptom of IBS, but you don't need to have mucus in your stool to have IBS.
Thank you for your reply I'm just trying to make some sense of it all and nothing is adding up.
Look up Candida Overgrowth or Candidiasis!! Just start researching....several sources. It will all start adding up.
TinaKini, I am going to be replying to all your comments made on these posts that are years old in case one of the original posters reads this.  I am against posting the same thing on many different threads, but in this case, it is needed.  For a long long time now, alternative medicine has talked about candida overgrowth and the many dangers of this and how this has become an epidemic.  This is all one huge myth.  Candida overgrowth (often called thrush) is a relatively benign problem.  It is best treated with anti-fungals which are very different from antibiotics.  Taking antibiotics can make you susceptible to getting candida overgrowth, but then anti-fungals are the correct treatment.  Doctors are very aware of thrush and other types of candida overgrowth and they know how to successfully treat it, but (luckily) very very few of them believe in this crazyness that the alternative medicine field has caused.

It CANNOT cause obesity, ADHD, ADD, diabeties, sinus problems, blindness, high blood pressure, dementia, fibromyalgia, asthma, leaky gut (but don't get me started on that), chronic fatigue, brain fog, or headaches.  It IS NOT affected by processed sugary foods (although I do agree that these are bad for you in other ways).  (The exception to this is that if you have pre-existing diabeties and you are eating lots of processed sugary foods and not controlling your diabeties, then that can make you more susceptible to candida overgrowth.  Also in rare cases when a patient is in the ICU they can have candida spread throughout their entire body.)

I agree, do your research, use the internet, but don't listen to the people making crazy claims on the internet.
Thank You for your reply.
I forgot about that one I did checked it out before and I tried the saliva test which came out negative.  http://www.candidasupport.org/test_saliva.html

I do have some of the symptoms of Candida Overgrowth but I just chalked it up to my Hashimoto's.
What I’m going to do though is try the test again using bottled water to see how it comes out because I have a lot of symptoms that aren’t going a way.
You don't have candida overgrowth.

I have a friend that currently has candida overgrowth.  The true candida overgrowth.  She has yeast in her blood.  She is incredibly sick, in the PICU, and is dying.  You don't have candida overgrowth.  If you want to list your symptoms and the tests that you've had I'd be happy to help you figure out what more you can do to help your condition.