ibs with weight loss
hi i was just wondering if anybody has had the same symptoms as me with ibs. i have just been diagosed after a batterery of tests taken 2 years {cameras up and down with bioisipes ,coliac etc} yet i still have a lot of problems with eating . causing bloating loose stools and have lost over 36 pounds in weight .while i would have a good diet i still cannot take gluten even tough tests were neg.everybody as in doctors say weight loss is not a sign of ibs and this is puzzling me . anyway i was just wondering if anybody else has this promblem with ibs and if so how did they help themselves.
thanks guys
I too have a weight lost over 25 lbs with IBS as i dont eat coz of fear from getting sick and having diarrhea.
Hey lagoya!

Gosh you sure know i have. It is frustrating to say the least!

I have finally reformed myself into thinking that, There is no 1 solution. all i can do is eat what i can and have sought counseling to help me cope. I have lost weight but have tapered off.. doc says my weight is fine now. Also seeking another doctor tomorrow.

Excersize, even if it's 10 min a day, try to stop any negative feelings you have a

bout this or anything that is bothering you. I am sure you drink enough water, and have tried everything. Try being little more assertive. I am going to my doctor tomorrow and getting bold with him. I am telling him This is enough. They need to GET me on the right path!

Try not to dwell on this each day hun..I KNOW this is hard. what medicine are you taking now? Mind if i ask?

Warm wishes,
Snooze
i too have lost over a stone in weight,with i b s.i too am struggling to eat,im in constant pain,with severe bloating.i actualy think iv developed a fear of eating,it gives me so much pain,although,i have not felt hungry for over a yr now,over the yrs my bowel has become more and more intolarant of most foods,its so distressing.i hope it helps you to know that your not alone with your symptoms. as i know life with i b s  is not easy.take care,   viv
thanks guys
it only took 2 months to get an answer to that question lol forgot i posted it
im glad in the right kind of way that im not the only super slim one out there
all these people in the world trying to lose weight spending thousands and all they have to do is try ibs.
its not funny but i dont know what else to say
take care