Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Community
in need of advice

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) issues such as: Aggravating Factors, Alternative Therapies, Anxiety, Constipation, Depression, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs, Hormonal Changes, Living With - Managing IBS, Medications – Drugs, Nutrition, Pain, Prevention, Research, Stress, Support Groups, Symptoms, Treatment

in need of advice

Dont know what to do... I am a 45 year old female and my problems some time ago about 10 years ago I went from happy go lucky to what my Dr.s said was IBS after some time i managed to get used to it and moved on I got a tubal the one that clips off the tubes alls ok tummy trouble off and on diarea (diarrhea) off and on nothing to bad 5 years go by like this and I bacame pregnant the Dr, instantly said etopic pregnance sent me to the hospital for ultrasoud to locate it for removal that wasnt to be because she was in the oven and they said I could continue the pregnancy that was the beginning of the end for what I knew as normal I had extreem pain on my right side from my pelvic bone to my rib cage with the most extreem pain mid way the Dr told me it was just growing pains and they would go away on their own I already had 5 kids and didnt agree with his opinion but tryed to move forward I would faint throw up get dizzy all chocked up to growing pain i had her natural but she is now 5 years old and i am still suffering from this pain that keeps me curled up in a ball at least 5 days a week no life at all durring this time I have had other things pop up cronic (chronic) head acks back pain neck pain joint and leg pain I live in a rural area and my new dr only wants to treat one symptom at a time but has yet to manage fix or improve anything now i am on tension head ack meds that dont seem to help and acid reflux meds that dont help and in the past couple of monthes I started feeling twitching and pulling in my face around my mouth and cheeks the only test she has offered on her own was a blood test that came out normal  the only thing mentioned about the blood work was my blood was too thick not sure what that means ... my question is can you suguest any tests you think may uncover what is wrong with me my next appt is on monday
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and sorry for the late reply.

Understand your predicament. Irritable bowel is a disorder, which affects the nerves and muscles of the bowel. This causes abdominal pain and irregular bowel movements. IBS can be very distressing to those who suffer from it.
.
IBS is a diagnosis of exclusion. If all the tests to rule out other disorders are done and found to be negative, then the diagnosis of IBS is made.

Try lifestyle measures they help to reduce the severity of symptoms. Stop becoming over anxious and practice relaxation techniques. Exercise, go for long relaxed walks. Avoid those foods which you feel are increasing your symptoms. Stop smoking, eliminate alcohol consumption, and avoid caffeinated beverages and spicy food.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
I dont know what tests to request to confirm or deny what is going on with me I am now in the process of moving in hopes of finding dr that will look for the issue and try to fix it .... i am now to the point that i dread eating anything and have new problems my bowel movements are now looking like when you throw up bial yellow slim i am lost