Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Community
infrequent stool

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) issues such as: Aggravating Factors, Alternative Therapies, Anxiety, Constipation, Depression, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs, Hormonal Changes, Living With - Managing IBS, Medications – Drugs, Nutrition, Pain, Prevention, Research, Stress, Support Groups, Symptoms, Treatment

infrequent stool

MY FRIEND HAS NOT BEEN ABLE TO HAVE BOWEL MOVEMENTS FOR 18 DAYS NOW AND HE IS EATING BUT LOSING WEIGHT. THOUGH HE PASSES URINE NORMALLY.
Kitty;

Has he had a BM yet?  If not, he has to go to the ER right now.  Not the doc, the ER.  It sounds like he has an intestinal blockage of some sort.  That is a medical emergency, and can kill him if untreated.  

Please let me know what they find.

Morgannon    
What was the outcome of your friend?  I am having the same type problems.  I have had a colonoscopy and endoscopy and CT scan and they did not find anything.  I can not have a bowel movement unless I use a laxative every 4 - 5 days.  This has been going on for about 3 months now.  I know there is a reason, they just have not found it yet.  I took HCG injections and Bontril for weightloss (for 2 months) and it was during this time that my bowels just "stopped working".  I quit taking all the diet meds.  Just wondered what they find out.
Karen
It sounds like your friend has a real problem. Yes he needs to get straight to the ER. They did a test where they injected dye into my veins to be sure there were no blockages or anything and it came back clear so I was given an emema which took 6 hours to work before I could have a bowel movement. I had tryed laxitives and enema's at home but nothing worked. I was inpacked or whatever they call it. I had not been empting out but started taking MiraLAX. its over the counter, it has no taste, you just add it to whatever your drinking and it works great. Now my constapation problem is over!! Ithought I'd add that incase someone was having that problem cause it worked so well for me and I had tryed everything. However, it could be dangerous for your friend to use anything intill he finds out what the problem is! Let us know how he is doing.. Sandi