Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Community
little ball like stools

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) issues such as: Aggravating Factors, Alternative Therapies, Anxiety, Constipation, Depression, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs, Hormonal Changes, Living With - Managing IBS, Medications – Drugs, Nutrition, Pain, Prevention, Research, Stress, Support Groups, Symptoms, Treatment

little ball like stools

I have been experiencing constipation and passing little ball like stools for the past couple of days now.
Is this normal?
I have IBS too; and that same thing is happening to me. Is it a little cloudy looking? Cus mine are.
My stools are really dark coloured , are yours? What can I do about IBS?
Is this a thing that comes and goes?
My Dr says those "Dum Dum" poops are expelled  from the pockets of diverticilitis. I get them too, they are very hard to pass.
So do I have diverticulitis? What is it and do I need to concerned? The little stools that I pass sink very quick.. What do you do about it?
I have then everytime, but I only go maybe once a week if I am lucky sometime once in two weeks. I went to the doctor they said meroliax but I didn't get anything from taking it so I stop. Anyone know why this could be it has been this way for years. I have gain 40lb now I want to know if they could be from one other.
Don't get worried about diverticulitis.  You usually don't get that until you are over 40 and I don't think you sound like you are.  Also, here are the symptoms and common signs  of diverticulitis:

Pain that's often sudden, severe, and located in the lower left side of the abdomen. Less commonly, abdominal pain may be mild at first, and become worse over several days, possibly fluctuating in intensity
Change in bowel habits
Abdominal tenderness
Fever
Nausea and vomiting
Constipation
Diarrhea
Less common signs and symptoms of diverticulitis may include:

Bloating
Bleeding from your rectum

Do you have these?

I have been told by doctors that contipation possibly from IBS but maybe just not drinking enough water at times cause stool to be that way.  Try drinking water, juice etc.  Not sodas and see what happens.

To the person with dark stool I would have it checked if it is really dark.  Just my opinion.
Good luck!
I have been do my #2 in balls now forover a  year and sometimes i know they tell you not to strain,but i  have had to,...Also after taking a shower one night something just told me to check down there (I am all woman),so i opened my self up and this was in the evening mind you,there was this round thing in my vj...it looked just like a nother eye stairing at me but it was clear,all white like the white in your eye,so the next morning i check it again and its apink color like the rest of my skin but it looks to have a slit looking like thing in it...and no,im not growing au know what..  i have no clue how long its been there all that ive been told is my insides are dropping done,and still having that #2 balls thing..iam 56 year old woman,i havent told my doc yet,i guess im scared,,can ab
Can anyone help mr