low FODMAP vs high fiber
I have looked into the low FODMAP and applied it some...definitely it makes a lot of sense in many ways, and many foods that I have had problems with are fodmaps, and many safe foods are not.  After compiling a big list of info from various sources, it occurred to me that it is going to be extremely difficult to get enough fiber on a low FODMAP diet.  And fiber is something that has helped me in the past, both with constipation and diarrhea.  Is there a fiber source I'm missing? I know psyllium is ok, but it slows my digestive track down too much.  Also I'm worried if I cut out all fiber, what are the long term consequences? Isn't it heart healthy / cholesterol lowering?

So I'm comprimising--moderate Fodmaps / high fiber.  So far, it is helping!! :)
Welcome to the IBS community!  I would say you mainly should eat what helps your symptoms the most, and to not worry as much about how much fiber you are getting.  If you are having regular good bowel movements, then there are unlikely to be any long term consequences.
I, too, have been reading about the FODMAPs. I went on an elimination diet and that really helped me! I started adding back food groups and found the ones I could tolerate. I stay away from beans and peas, and have cut back on the cruciate vegetables. But peppers, tomatoes, and onions are so far not causing big problems when taken moderately. I think it's worth a try to do the experimenting. You'll learn a lot about yourself.