Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Community
new IBS pain

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) issues such as: Aggravating Factors, Alternative Therapies, Anxiety, Constipation, Depression, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs, Hormonal Changes, Living With - Managing IBS, Medications – Drugs, Nutrition, Pain, Prevention, Research, Stress, Support Groups, Symptoms, Treatment

new IBS pain

I've been an IBS suffer for a couple of years now and apart from stomach ache and the other symptoms I've never really struggled however 2 days ago a whole new pain started in is similar to contraction pain, ripping across my stomach I c an barely walk, eat and am becoming snappy and withdrawn. I've recently moved to Margate from Coventy and was wondering if it was the change in water that may have done it please help x
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

There could be many causes for the pain you are experiencing. If the pain starts at the back and goes down to the front of the abdomen, it could most probably be a renal colic. This happens when urine is trying to pass through an obstruction usually a stone. But this pain is very severe and colicky. The other causes for the pain could be infections of the bowel and bladder, prolapsed intervertebral disc or inflammatory diseases of the colon. Please consult your primary care physician who will do blood tests, x- rays and may ask for an ultrasonogram to find out the cause for the pain.  

In the meantime take OTC Naproxen for pain relief and plenty of oral fluids.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Avoid wheat gluten, Rye gluten , cow dairy products, and all negative fats ..   with IBS it is all about what not to do !  oh yeah and avoid anything synthetic unless it is a last resort.