pelvic pain
im a 19 year old girl who suffers from ibs but recently i have been getting alot of pelvic and lower back pain. the pain gets worse when im ovulating and when i have my period. i have been to see my GP and they tell me this is part of my ibs. My gp has told me just to dose myself up on paracetamol to take away the pain but even when i take pain killers the pain wont go away. I also keep getting a sharp cramping pain in my vagina and my anus. Is this ibs or could it be something else???
my mind is doing overtime at the miniute im so worried please help i am in extreme pain.
I have the exact same thing, when i went to the doctors he just said it was IBS but i keep scaring myself thinking that its something worse and no1 will listen to me, i had a scan done in my pelvic area to see if i had ovarian cysts you should ask your doctor to make an appointment to have this done, it took some of my worries away but not the pains that i am having, this only started since my inplant finished in November i had it inserted twice and it lasted for 6 years, he also says that its my body getting back to normal from having the inplant in so long, ( have u stopped using a contraceptive or starting using one?) he said that with me stressing about it causes my IBS to react and give me bloating and the pains.. maybe this is also the same, but make sure that you get fully checked for your own peace of mind as everything these days is getting fobbed of as IBS.
I also am having the same type of thing going on. For 2 weeks now, I have had this pelvic pain, and cramping, it is not associated with my period though. Went to the gyne, said he didnt feel anything abnormal. Did a pap, still awaiting the results. I was never diagnosed with IBS but I know I am a sufferer. And have been for years. Was just sent for a colonoscopy due to these issues, all came back clear. Am waiting for a call back from the doc to get a ref for a pelvic ultrasound. I also have the back pain, and the pain in the rectum, like pressure. I am also worried, what the heck is going on here??