pinworms and ibs
i have pinworms about 2 years and recently i have ibs symptoms (more than 1 month). can pinworms cause ibs?
i used a drag to kill  pinworms 2 week ago but my ibs symptoms continue.
any idea or comment?
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Pinworms are parasitic infections and are unlikely to cause IBS. With regard to your queries I’ll mention a few facts about IBS.Your bowel is a muscular tube, which stores and digests food. Irritable bowel is a disorder that affects the nerves and muscles of the bowel. This causes abdominal pain and irregular bowel movements.IBS is a diagnosis of exclusion, i.e. once all other diseases of the colon like colitis, infections, tumors etc. have been ruled out, then the diagnosis of IBS is made.

For IBS there is no cure. But it is important to remember that some symptoms may persist or recur from time to time, despite treatment, and that IBS does not cause more serious disorders nor does it require surgery at any point of time.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
my symptoms continue more than 5 months.
however, sometimes during a week i feel comfortable for 2-3 days.
if i had tumor, i think my symptoms (gas, bloating, diarrhea and constipation) would not stop for 2-3 days and  the dull pain in my right hand side should always be continious.before i had liver inflammation but now it is okay but hoever my ibs symptoms continue. the gastroenterelogist was not ale to understand my problem and said possible it is ibs.my familly doctor does not suggest a colonoscpy.
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Understand your predicament. If your doctor suspects a colon pathology, he would have asked for a colonoscopy. So, wait and watch, see if your symptoms are improving. Now, you follow some good lifestyle measures for the bloating to decrease. Eat food rich in plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables, avoid spicy and fatty food, avoid smoking and eliminate alcohol. Do not consume caffeinated beverages. Practice good relaxation techniques like yoga and meditation. Exercise regularly. Go for long relaxed walks. Maintain a food diary and try to identify those foods which are likely to produce bloating and avoid them. Also, try to include yogurt in your diet as it is a probiotic which replaces lactobacillus acidophilus (good bacteria) that helps with digestion.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.