Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Community
please help

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) issues such as: Aggravating Factors, Alternative Therapies, Anxiety, Constipation, Depression, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs, Hormonal Changes, Living With - Managing IBS, Medications – Drugs, Nutrition, Pain, Prevention, Research, Stress, Support Groups, Symptoms, Treatment

please help

My husband is 48 and he woke up on Tues. morning throwing up and having diarrhea this week he went to the Dr.  he check to make sure it wasn't the flu and told him it was a virsus  and gave my husband some antibiotics and phyagyn  well he stopped throwing up but never stopped the diarrhea so yesterday the Dr. called in some medication to help but nothing so far has helped and also he has taken Immodium AD.
Have him take one immodium twice a day, not just after a bowel movement, until it subsides.
If that doesn't help the doctor can give him prescription loperadine which is an opiate and boy will that stop it.
Have him stay on a bland diet.  It could be that the foods he's eating are causing the diarrhea because the virus may have inflamed the intestine.
Have him stay away from alcohol, caffeine, spicy foods, icey drinks, fresh vegetables, high fiber... until it subsides.

Just a thought...