poston1
Any one ever fainted during a bout of IBS?
yes, I have fainted after having a bout with IBS.The issue was , I woke up in the middle of the night with major pain in my stomach and high fever.The pain was so so bad , that it cause me to faint.what about yourself?
I did.  Pain was so bad, I passed out, work up with the pain, and passed out again, duration usually last for 6-8 hours, if not longer.
I'm sorry you have the problem but it is  good to know someone else has the same problem!  I have now fainted 4 times and last time fell in bathroom and broke my cheek bone and damaged a nerve in face.  So doctors are doing every test possible to be sure there is nothing else amiss.  Gastro dr. said he has not had anyone faint this much.  What does your doctor say?  And yes, the pain is unbearable- sweats, etc.  
Was this your first fainting bout?  I have fainted 4 time when the pain was so very bad.  What has your Gasto doctor said?   Doctors are worried about getting hurt - last time I broke my cheek bone and damaged a nerve in my face.  I don't have any idea I am going to faint - how about you?
No, it wasn't my first time fainting.  I have fainted twice.  The health system here in Canada is a bit different, the ER doctors keep sending me back to my family doctor, my family doctor wants to test out everything, absolutely everything first before she sent me to a gastro.  I kind of have idea it is coming the second time I fainted, because my abdominal cramp was getting worst before I fainted.  So the second time when I know I am about to have an episode, starting to have cold swear and abdominal pain, I asked my husband to take me to the hospital before it get severe.  People just doesn't seem to know the risk involve, I needed to yell at my husband so he put me on a wheelchair and wheel me in before he does anything else...  instead of taking time to find a parking spot!!  I made it on the wheelchair before I fainted.