Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Community
prepping for colonoscopy and small bowel follow through

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) issues such as: Aggravating Factors, Alternative Therapies, Anxiety, Constipation, Depression, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs, Hormonal Changes, Living With - Managing IBS, Medications – Drugs, Nutrition, Pain, Prevention, Research, Stress, Support Groups, Symptoms, Treatment

i am scheduled for a colonoscopy in several weeks.  I have had one once before and prepped using Visicol pills, which worked quite well.  I am extremely nervous this time as the doc won't allow the pills and I have a very active gag reflex.  I'm a terrified (and that is not too strong a word) that I will not be able to get and keep the Miralax down.  Is the Visicol (or not) just a doctore preference?
The doc for the colonoscopy wants me to do the Miralax/gatorade/dulcolax thing.  Even more upsetting is the small bowel follow through doc wants me to do the magnesium citrate thing.
Had to do cod liver oil as an 18year old and then drank the barium...couldn't keep it down and the radiologist walked out, blaming me for trying to throw up!  Charming guy.