Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Community
rectal numbness

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) issues such as: Aggravating Factors, Alternative Therapies, Anxiety, Constipation, Depression, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs, Hormonal Changes, Living With - Managing IBS, Medications – Drugs, Nutrition, Pain, Prevention, Research, Stress, Support Groups, Symptoms, Treatment

rectal numbness

when i woke up , i experienced numbness on my rectum on the past few days. i'm just concerned with it. it only happens if i sleep on my side with my other leg is folded while the other is straight.  i have a hemorrhoid and i 'm just wondering if its is the cause of that numbness? can anyone shed some light upon me? thanks.
Avatar n tn
sorry i don't have an answer for that. i sleep like that also and i don't have that problem. about your hemorrhoid, are you taking anything for it? i have it also and i need some advice on what to take for it. i used tucks pad, hydrocortisone cream, preparation h and yet, nothing seems to work.
Avatar n tn
well, my numbness is only temporary. i found out that it is only because of my position during my sleep.

about my hemorrhoid, i don't take anything thats why its is still there. i just push it back, whenever it is swollen. i've heard that you should first know what causes hemorrhoids and avoid it if you want to help get rid of it.