so tired of feeling like crap everyday
i am soo tired of being sick almost everyday, why do we all have to suffer so much, i barely eat anything worth talking about anymore, i dont drink, smoke, do drugs except for lexapro for my anxiety and do not eat bad foods, except for my chocolate, (have to have some enjoyment), so why do we all have to have such bad stomachs, i had a my best friend call me last night, she lives in Mass, she was down at her parents house and wanted to come over so she did and we went for a nice 45 min. walk, it felt great, but after an hour my stomach starting becoming tight and pressure and pain in my lower back and front all night and this morning, even when i try to do something good, it fails, sorry to bother everyone, dont mean to whine, just would like to be normal for a change and feel good like 3/4 of the world does.
thanks for listening

crumy
Hello there! I haven't heard from you in a while! I guess you are still suffering :(

It's ok to vent - we IBSr's HAVE to vent!

I went to Gastro doctor last week and he put me on Align (probiotic). I am not sure if it is working or not. I guess the probiotic works for some but not for others. Can you see if you can maybe get some samples from your Gastro doctor to see if it helps?

I know what you are going through. I'm going through it too now. I am still holding on to the hope that the probiotics will kick in and start working. My pain seems to be in the upper area :(

Oh I almost forgot! I have noticed that the probiotic doesn't give me the urgency to have to run to the bathroom anymore (you know after a big meal?), so that's a good sign.
Wow, it sounds like a miracle drug to me.  So often I cant even go out to dinner without worrying if I will make it through the meal or home.  It is just to embarrassing to go out anymore.  I am going to ask my gastro about that med.  Thanks Princess for the information.  Can you get probiotics in foods like yogurt?  Would that work the same as a pill?
honestly man STAY AWAY FROM DIARY CUT DAIRY. it the number one killer for ibs. the yogurt you buy has been passderised so the probiotic stuff is gone. The best way is through supplemention. DO NOT have any diary if you have ibs
It really does work. I was skeptical about it at first, but when my Gastro doctor recommended I take the probiotics I figured I had better try it and see what happens. I've been taking it for 3 weeks now and not once have I had an urgency!! I am really impressed! Gosh this is making me sound like a spokes person for the company! LOL!

I have to agree with letthegamesbegin, don't try it with yogurt. It's best when using the supplement. I did the yogurt route and all it did was upset my stomach.