stinging toes
i have pain that flairs up every 15-30 seconds that is a stinging pain on my toes on the top side on my right foot only.
i scrubbed it with rubbing alcohol and applied aloe vera lotion believing that it is irritated, but this is of no use.
and i cannot go to sleep with this with it repeatededly waking me up.
is there any explanation for this occuring, and is there a treatment for this?
thanks
jay
Jay,
Believe it or not....your diet can play a huge role in how you feel.  Most American foods are loaded with processed white sugar, additives, preservatives, pesticides and herbiscides..all of which compromise the body's defense system.  Over time our bodies lose the ability to fight off what it sees as invaders and is not able to eliminate the substances from itself.

I tell you this because I am just not finding relief from a problem I've had for years.  Both of my feet would sting/burn and just ache.  Sometimes so bad I would not be able to sleep.  I been to 2 orthopedic surgeons, 3 GI doctors, 2 general practice docs, and 2 neurologists...all of them diagnosed me with a different problem and promptly prescribed me a drug.

I've been on 4 different types of antidepressents...I was never depressed, 2 types of nerve meds, antibiotics, antacids am addicted to pain meds.  All of this to try and find out what is wrong with me.  After getting so mad at doctors I decided I was going to do the research myself.

I found that a diet high in sugar, bread, dairy and sweets was causing my symptoms.  My body was trying to tell me to change my diet because I had developed gluten intollerance and a systemic Candida overgrowth.  A major symptom of both conditions is nerve damage.  A lightbulb went off in my head.

Over the past 2 months I have, for the most part, eliminated all processed sugar, flour and gluten from my diet.  I eat mostly fresh veggies, fresh meat, eggs and lots of water.  I am just now beginning to see some improvement.  My feet dont sting/burn and ache like they used to, I am having a little more energy and my head is beginning to clear.

Do a search on gluten intollerance or intestinal candida overgrowth and let me know what you think.  Hope this helps.