Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Community
test results.

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) issues such as: Aggravating Factors, Alternative Therapies, Anxiety, Constipation, Depression, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs, Hormonal Changes, Living With - Managing IBS, Medications – Drugs, Nutrition, Pain, Prevention, Research, Stress, Support Groups, Symptoms, Treatment

test results.

I have a three year old...for the last 2 years she has had a few different test done because of frequent and recurring diarrhea, acid reflux, not being able to eat, gas, and other things...back in feb 09 she had a upper and lower procedure done...the only thing they found was candida in the esophagus....they wanted to retest so in sept she had another upper procedure... they said that the candida was still there,...  this is my problem...I am not getting any answers from her doc...I requested pathology reports and the only thing that was on there was this....
ESOPHAGUS at 5 CM Above LES BIOPSY
Rare Eosinophils with Basal Cell Hyperplasia consistent with reflux (Grade lll)

Can anyone please help and explain this...when I looked it up online it something about needing a biopsy to see if the cells were benign....
hmm, I've been wondering about this "candiasis" thing. Not sure if it really happens or not, but may be worth looking into.  I have candida overgrowth in my mouth currently. Was prescribed diflucan (an antifungal medication) but havent started taking it yet.  I kind of have the same symptoms, gas, diarrhea, no appetite.  You could try looking up this yeast overgrowth thing, a shot in the dark but might help.
Antibiotics make it go away at first, but it also kills good bacteria and eventually candida will come back worse!! Research Candidiasis/Candida Overgrowth....doctors do not know what to do with this, the make it worse by giving more meds.
Just research, do not blindly think western medicine will help you!! I have learned my lesson after 7 plus years and my mother has had it for a good 20 years and my brother...it runs in families of European decent because of our intestinal lining. This was research found on government laboratory site...they are aware of this overgrowth, but doctors are not aware enough and are taught to treat symptoms or emergency out of control situations not the root cause...just RESEARCH!!! So many children are becoming obese, have ADHD, diabetes, they are all connected to this overgrowth because of all the pollutants in our country...processesed, sugary foods.
TinaKini, I am going to be replying to all your comments made on these posts that are years old in case one of the original posters reads this.  I am against posting the same thing on many different threads, but in this case, it is needed.  For a long long time now, alternative medicine has talked about candida overgrowth and the many dangers of this and how this has become an epidemic.  This is all one huge myth.  Candida overgrowth (often called thrush) is a relatively benign problem.  It is best treated with anti-fungals which are very different from antibiotics.  Taking antibiotics can make you susceptible to getting candida overgrowth, but then anti-fungals are the correct treatment.  Doctors are very aware of thrush and other types of candida overgrowth and they know how to successfully treat it, but (luckily) very very few of them believe in this crazyness that the alternative medicine field has caused.

It CANNOT cause obesity, ADHD, ADD, diabeties, sinus problems, blindness, high blood pressure, dementia, fibromyalgia, asthma, leaky gut (but don't get me started on that), chronic fatigue, brain fog, or headaches.  It IS NOT affected by processed sugary foods (although I do agree that these are bad for you in other ways).  (The exception to this is that if you have pre-existing diabeties and you are eating lots of processed sugary foods and not controlling your diabeties, then that can make you more susceptible to candida overgrowth.  Also in rare cases when a patient is in the ICU they can have candida spread throughout their entire body.)

I agree, do your research, use the internet, but don't listen to the people making crazy claims on the internet.