Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Community
too much odorless gas every day. help please.
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) issues such as: Aggravating Factors, Alternative Therapies, Anxiety, Constipation, Depression, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs, Hormonal Changes, Living With - Managing IBS, Medications – Drugs, Nutrition, Pain, Prevention, Research, Stress, Support Groups, Symptoms, Treatment

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

too much odorless gas every day. help please.

eveyday, i have excessive gas under  upper right quadrant . i feel twitches alwyas in this right quadrant but not sure if it is due to gas or bowel movement. when i expel the gas, it is not a smelling gas in fact. i feel bloating a lot. constipation is also present. what may the reason of such an excessive gas in the right part of abdomen?
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Do you pass stools normally? Collection of gas exclusively in the right upper quadrant can happen if there is a local colon pathology, like an obstruction. Hope diabetes has been ruled out. Diabetes can cause autonomic neuropathy and affect the digestive system, leading to problems with digestion and elimination. It can also cause slower motility of the intestinal tract leading to gas formation. If other conditions are ruled out, your symptoms can be due to irritable bowel syndrome. Discuss these options with your doctor when you happen to meet him next time.

In the meantime, begin with good lifestyle measures to control your symptoms. Exercise regularly. Take frequent small meals. Avoid those foods which are high in oil content. Eliminate alcohol, stop smoking and avoid caffeinated beverages and spicy food.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Blank
what do you mean by passing stools normally? as i specified there is constipation. no blood in the stool. i had liver inflammation at the right quadrant 5 months ago but after 3 months doctor said it is okay now after ct scan and blood test results. when my liver inflammated there was no gas problem.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...