Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Community
weird period symptoms?
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) issues such as: Aggravating Factors, Alternative Therapies, Anxiety, Constipation, Depression, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs, Hormonal Changes, Living With - Managing IBS, Medications – Drugs, Nutrition, Pain, Prevention, Research, Stress, Support Groups, Symptoms, Treatment

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

weird period symptoms?

i am 18 years old. my last official period was september 2nd-6th. i believe i am on my period currently (since 13th of october), but symptoms are very different this month. first of all, my periods are usually moderate in terms of flow, but this time it seems to be very very light. my period blood only shows up when i wipe, and little blood is on the actual pad. in addition, my period seems to be late by 10 days, which isn't normal for me because i usually have regular periods (28-31 days) but this one seems like it started after 40 days. starting on the 10th, i had very little spotting, but nothing on the pad again. i never had sex. my breasts have also been tender for the past couple of days, but that may be due to PMS.

also, i've been experiencing a lot of abdominal discomfort for a while now (i think i might have irritable bowel syndrome, but i'm not sure). every time i eat something (regardless of how much i eat), my abdomen seems to bloat a lot.

why has my period changed? (is this even my period?)
Related Discussions
7 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
1340994_tn?1374197577
Celiac disease can cause all of your symptoms.  Get tested please.  
Blank
Stress can cause most of the symptoms you describe, and I think your change in period is absolutely nothing to worry about.  However, you should really get your abdominal discomfort checked out by a doctor.
Blank
thanks, my doctor believes its stress... but he prescribed me some ranitidine for now. i'm getting officially tested sometime in november. my breasts have been very tender and sore for the past couple weeks, but my abdominal discomfort has subsided a little. however, i do get very bloated still. any ideas? my period should be around mid-november.
Blank
What are you getting officially tested for in November?  You can try eliminating lactose from your diet or gluten from your diet to see if that helps any of your symptoms.
Blank
i'm supposed to get the general tests-- blood test, urine test, some bacteria test? i have no idea where this breast pain is coming from though
Blank
The breast pain is very strange, and I don't know what could have been causing that.  However I do suggest that you try eliminating lactose from your diet or gluten from your diet to see if that helps any of your symptoms.
Blank
thanks, i will think about trying that! and i just got my period on the 4th. it's strange because usually i have lots of cramping on the first and second days of my period, but this time its mostly cramping before my period starts.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...