AT WHAT LEVEL IS CREATININE LEVEL FATAL
My Dad is suffering from kidney failure due to a tumor obstructing the bladder. His creatinine level has gone from 445 umol/L to 525 umol/L in 8 days and urea from 12.8mmol/L to 18.1mmol/L. The urologist he went to see on Friday is too busy to see him today to plan for a nephrostomy tube!! This doctor never even suggested dialysis of any sort. Is dialysis an option? Please can you tell me at what level is creatinine fatal and if there is anything I can do to help him?
Thanks,
Jenny
Unfortunately  the higher the  creatinine  the  lower the  kidney  function  level.
I'm  sorry  I don't  know how to  convert  your dad's  numbers  to  American  numbers.  
There  is   site  to  see  what his  GFR  (kidney  function)  is:  http://www.kidney.org/professionals/kdoqi/gfr_calculator.cfm

Dialysis  usually  starts  anytime  time  after  GFR drops  below  15%

The lower  the  GFR  the   more  dangerous  it  can  be  for the  patient.
When the kidney  function drops,   more  toxins,  minerals  and  water  accumulates,  that's what  makes  it  dangerous.

Have a  good  talk  with  Dr  about  the  plan  of  action to  take.
A  renal  diet  might  be   useful  to try  to  keep  your  dad's  creatine  from rising  and/or  GFR from dropping.

Take  care!

Marina