circumaortic left renal vein
What is a circumaortic left renal vein?

The circumaortic left renal vein is a relatively common congenital anomaly, seen in abdominal CT scans, ultrasound, MRI or angiography. The condition is of clinical importance when renal surgery is contemplated or during collection of renal or adrenal venous samples. The normal left renal vein passes anterior to the aorta, to enter the inferior vena cava. Sometimes the left renal vein is duplicated, with both an anterior and posterior component. This gives rise to the circumaortic renal vein.

I hope this helps. Take care and regards.
I was diagnosed with pelvic congestion disorder and just under went bilateral vein embolizations and coiling of my inferior vena cava and inferior lilacs and was told that I have renal nutcracker syndrome or circuaortic left renal vein per the CT and renal pressure test. There has been talk of stunting and bypass. I also have chronic kidney stones. I am a 36 year old mother of four and I'm not sure with how to pursue this. My vascular doc was not sure if she wants to do anything about it and was going to refer me to Stanford. Do you have any helpful advice? Thank you for the much needed input.