Kidney Disease & Disorders Community
3 Days into Gallstone symptoms BUT Gallbladder was removed 7 years ago!...
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to kidney disease and disorders, dialysis, self care, and transplants.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

3 Days into Gallstone symptoms BUT Gallbladder was removed 7 years ago! Can I have gallstones again even though Gallbladder has been removed?

48 year old white female.  5'8". 158 pounds. General health--no problems.  Do not drink.

For three days I've been having a constant intense pain in the mid to upper right part of my back. Some pain and discomfort around to my right front section. Other accompanying symtoms (symptoms) are some gas, belching, and nausea.  Some relief can be gained by laying on my left side.

As I recall, these were symptoms I had many times over in past years that were related to gallstone attacks.  7-8 years ago I had my gallbladder removed and have had no problems since--until now.

I have no health insurance.  For the past 8 months I had been working a minimum of 10 hours a day(most days 14-18 hours) 7 days a week.  I put in 80-100 hours each week working  mostly from 7:30 a.m. until 12:30 a.m.. This was all on my feet with only a 1/2 sitting down, but other than being tired when stating out each morning, I was just fine and did and enjoyed staying busy!  Loved not having to struggle to pay rent, electric, heat, water, sewer, telephone, grocery, car insurance, gas, and clothes!  Had only one day off in that 8 month period.  

But, I did quit 2nd full time job a couple weeks ago as I became tired of the 20 hours or better of overtime  being paid with NO time and a half--- just straight $7.00 an hour.  With the 3 gas drive off's I had to pay over this 8 month period  and thenin the end being falsely accused of shorting the drawer $30.00 and being expected to pay for this too (Which was the last straw)---I quit.  I'd worked a total of about a year and a half  for this employer. (I'd quit once before when I'd been asked to work 120 hours between the two jobs and said "NO--this was too much and employer didn't understand this)   My other full time job I make $7.50 per hour and DO get paid for any and all time worked over 40 hours and have been with them nearly 3 years. Love my job here and all those I work with!  But it's not enough income so began working this other job, again, which gave me the 40-65 hours extra each week  and I did this for 8 months with only one day off before quitting.  

During this time I had been able to pay for a much needed washer and dryer,  buy needed clothes for myself , and nice Christmas gift's for my family! My car was filled with bad gasoline and I was able to pay the hundred's of dollar's it cost to fix that damage.  It was wonderful to not have to worry.  And I'm very proud of myself--- as it certainly came with some BIG sacrafices to work so much.

Now  I have a vacation planned in a week and a half---my first in 7 years!!!  I am REALLY looking forward to this.  My first time in an airplane!  Big expense--but I've worked very hard these past 7 years and a weeks vacation sounds WONDERFUL!!  

BUT now I'm experiencing this pain and am questioning weather I will be able to go.  With no health insurance I can't just go to the doctor to find out what is wrong.  And this vacation is going on credit for 9 months ( I'll be getting a second job again when I return from the vacation to pay for this.)

SO I'm wondering if anyone out there has idea's on what might be causing this intense and VERY discomforting pain on the right mid upper part of my back and the extending discomfort to the front right side.  Can this be gallstones all over again?  If not, what might it be and what can I do for it?  I can't lay on my left side and take pain pills on a 2000 mile trip which I fly down for but drive back.  

Any idea's???  What other things can create these symptom's?  Am I foolish to go forward with this vacation?

Thanks!