4 kidney stones in 5 months - help!
35 year old male in good health. no prior history of kidney stones. 5 months ago went to the er with severe pain on my right side. found 4 stones on the ct scan. passed 3 of the 4 within 2 weeks of the er trip. 5 months later and currently passing the 4th stone and its been 4 days of terrible pain. taking flomax, hydrocodone es and bactrum. still at a +2 amount of blood on the urninalysis. pain has moved from the upper part of my oblique to right above my groin. how much longer before i pass the final stone? why am i developing stones now at 35? should i stop taking protien shakes after i work out? kidney stones are flat out horrible...
i'm 34 and had a stone a few months ago...  Just one for me (so far).  the only way to know what to avoid or not is to analyze the make up of your stones I believe.  if you've passed them did your dr want to you to bring them in to see what they're made of to make recommendations?  My dr said to drink water and more water that that's the best way to avoid repeats.  good luck.