8 weeks pregnant and kidney infection
I am 8 weeks pregnant and started showing symptoms of a bladder infection 4 days ago. Last night i started feeling pain in my left kidney region. I went to the E.R. They confirmed i had a kidney infection and gave me a prescription for antibiotics. I was suprised they did so little. I received no fluids, meds or I.V. while there. With in a couple hours of returning home i was in so much pain i was shaking. i still am extremely uncomfortable and am having pain in both kidney regions front and back. I start my antibiotics today but i don't think i can tolerate even another day of the discomfort...what can i do? I also have been feeling a strong pressure in my lower stomach and back!
thank you
Hello and hope you are doing well.

The enlarging uterus in pregnancy can compress on the urinary bladder and cause frequency of urination. Urinary tract infections can occur in pregnancy. All the symptoms mentioned by you could be due to the infection. So, continue with the antibiotics and if there is temperature you can take OTC acetaminophen. And take plenty of oral fluids. Follow up with your doctor.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.